You are correct, the naive formula, assuming ideal gases, does indeed give
different results than what Subsurface shows you.
Subsurface takes gas compressibility into account which leads to slightly
different and generally lower consumption numbers.

Details have been explained very nicely here in a post of one of our developers
https://thetheoreticaldiver.org/wordpress/index.php/2017/11/02/when-real-gas-corrections-matter/

You can also find many threads about this topic in the archives...

/D