> On Jun 13, 2022, at 5:31 AM, Mark wrote:
>>
>> Ideally we'd figure out which one it is and have you send us just send that
>> one file, but that puts the onus on you, if you don't mind sharing the data
>> privately, you could simply put ALL of the .FIT files under Garmin/Activity
>> on your Mk2i into a .zip file and send it off list to me and then I can
>> figure this out here.
> It's all dives, not just particular ones. Well, all air dives anyway. Have
> not confirmed nitrox.  Without having looked into it at all, I'm
> hypothesizing something like the Garmin using a flag for air/not-air, and
> assigning the O2% a nonsensical value (null/zero) for air dives.

I have a Garmin Descent Mk2i myself and have done a fair number of air dives
with it, so I don't believe this is a general issue.
But you may have set things up differently compared to the settings on mine -
so I'll poke at your .FIT file and find out :)

> Was a little bit of a hassle. Mainly from distraction. I've just come back
> from a dive trip, where I was downloading the FITs onto my laptop and
> importing them. Now I'm back home I plugged my Garmin into my desktop and
> started fighting with Garmin USB. On my desktop I've installed drivers using
> Zadig to import directly into Subsurface, but now Subsurface is the only
> thing that works - I can no longer connect to my Garmin using MTP or via
> Garmin Express. Argh, Why can't Garmin make things that play nice?

This is more a combination of the libraries that I chose to use for MTP
communication - since we build across Linux, macOS, and Windows, I went for
something that supports all three OSs to simplify life - and that one requires
a different driver on Windows. So it seems a wee bit unfair to blame Garmin.
That's more a Subsurface issue, to be honest.

/D