Hi,

> On 29. Oct 2022, at 09:05, Robert Helling via subsurface
> <subsurface@subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
>

>> On 28. Oct 2022, at 23:35, Berthold Stoeger <bstoe...@mail.tuwien.ac.at
>> <mailto:bstoe...@mail.tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>>
>> I have a suspicion. Could you try if this fixes the problem:
>
> Does not fix it, unfortunately. To reproduce: Start Subsurface, press Ctrl-N,
> Ctrl-L crash.
>
> Best
> Robert

I spent some more time with the debugger but to no avail. The following
behaviour is reproducible:

The dive is empty (it was just memset to 0). Then in profilewidget.c l. 159,

        stack->setCurrentIndex(1); // show profile

is called. This leads to 12 levels of Qt calls for which I don’t have symbols
and just see assembly code, which then called

void ProfileWidget2::resizeEvent(QResizeEvent *event)
{
        QGraphicsView::resizeEvent(event);
        profileScene->resize(viewport()->size());
        plotDive(d, dc, RenderFlags::Instant |
RenderFlags::DontRecalculatePlotInfo); // disable animation on resize events
}

but at this point, the dive d points to something which looks very fishy
(nonsense values and line noise strings). And yes I am building with -g and no
optimisation at this point.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the stack-setCurrentIndex(1) above is
supposed to do.

Best
Robert