Hi everyone,

just a quick note that I'm still around (mostly dealing with the backend /
cloud storage these days) and haven't forgotten about Android.
Recap of those of you who have (forgotten, that is)...

- QtBluetooth from Qt 5.15.x seems incapable of complying with last year's
changes to the Google Play permission rules for BLE access
- build using Qt 5.15.x have been rejected for more than half a year because
they are in violation of said rules
- I have been trying on and off to get things to build with Qt6 (which
allegedly can comply), but that fails because Kirigami hadn't been ported to Qt6

As of a couple of weeks ago the KDE / PLASMA-mobile community has a pre-alpha
version of Kirigami running against the Qt 6.6 prerelease that appears to show
some signs of life on Android. So I have started to figure out how to build
against that which is (to put it mildly) a fascinating learning experience.

But at least in theory there's now a chance that we have a path forward to once
again providing an updated Android app.

Of course - and let's not forget to mention the elephant in the room - I don't
think anyone is actively working on the mobile app in the first place anymore.
Nor do I understand how all this would work on iOS since the KDE community
quite specifically isn't targeting iOS.

/D