Hi Willem.

On 3/12/23 01:59, Willem Ferguson via subsurface wrote:
After  installing the Subsurface snap image I cannot view any of the media associated with my dive log (photos/video). The thumbnails are shown in the dive log, but selecting them either on the profile or in the media tab does not start a viewer . The double-click is ignored. If I build Subsurface from source the viewing works perfectly, so I assume some snap variable needs to be set to point at the appropriate viewing code. I have not found anything useful while scanning the Internet.  Does anyone have a suggestion?
Kind regards,
willem

This is not so much a limitation of Subsurface as it is built into how the snap system sandboxes every application by default - depending on where you are storing your media files it might be possible to grant access to them to the Subsurface snap, or you might have to move them for this to be possible. See this article for some instructions:

https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5139

Ngā mihi

  Michael Keller