Good Morning Salvador!

> On Jan 8, 2024, at 22:43, Salvador Cuñat wrote:
>
> Have just realized MXE is shipping ancient mdbtools version 0.7.1 which dates
> back 10/2013.

That is quite an antique. Wow.

> I'll try to get this solved upstream, but don't know how long can it take.

The MXE community has been reasonably responsive when I had issues in the past
- but often the answer might be "send patches" (which it looks like you have).

> Meanwhile you can apply attached patch to the mxe building docker image. The
> good part is you don't need to rebuild the full image, just mdbtools after
> patching.  An example workflow would be:
>
> - place the patch file in local folder accessible to running container, eg
> src/win32 (folder parallel to subsurface source)
>
> - load the image: (assumed running from same src folder previously said)
> docker run -v "$PWD"/win32:/win/win32 -v "$PWD"/subsurface:/win/subsurface
> --name=mybuilder -w /win -d subsurface/mxe-build-container:3.0.1 /bin/sleep
> 60m
>
> - patch the mxe sources
> docker exec -t mybuilder patch /win/mxe/src/mdbtools.mk <http://mdbtools.mk/>
> /win/win32/mdbtools2.patch
>
> - redownload and build mdbtools inside the running container
> docker exec -t mybuilder bash -c "cd /win/mxe && make -j 2 download-mdbtools"
>
> docker exec -t mybuilder bash -c "cd /win/mxe && make
> MXE_TARGETS=x86_64-w64-mingw32.static mdbtools -j 1"
>
> - save the image of the container with a new tag, eg:
> docker commit -a "Salvador Cuñat salvador.cu...@gmail.com
> <mailto:salvador.cu...@gmail.com>" -m "Apply mdbtools patch to get version
> v1.0.0 and rebuild package" mybuilder subsurface/mxe-build-container:3.0.2
>
> If rebuilding the full image, the patch should be applied while building the
> Dockerfile, **after** checking out the desired MXE sha.

I'll look into this to get an updated build container ready (this might take a
while).
Or I can give you write permission to the docker hub and you can help us
maintain that image. Would you be interested in this?

/D