After I fixed the Python search path in Pippy, I'm trying to get the data store part of the Slideshow example to work (it doesn't return any objects though there are JPEGs in the data store). pippy.query seems outdated (uses direct DBus access, datastore is complaining about invalid parameters), so I'm trying sugar.datastore according to the howto on [1]. Is sugar.datastore.datastore working properly? It behaves quite unexpectedly for me:

1. datastore.find({'mime_type': 'image/jpeg'}) returns no objects
2. datastore.find({'title': 'Browse Activity'}) returns the same as
    datastore.find({}), i.e. probably all entries - but most of them
    don't match the given title
3. the metadata entries contain dbus.ByteArray's, not (unicode) strings like I'd expect
    BTW: an items() function would be nice

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Almanac/sugar.datastore.datastore

CU Sascha

--