Hi,

I like your proposal because focuses on a problem interesting to the
Sugar community and because proposes a solution that is reasonable
enough to be implemented in the GSoC timeframe.

But the mention of google gears concerns me a bit, since no
distribution that I know is packaging it and because AFAIK it would be
sync'ing state between local storage and a remote server when
activities are supposed to be storing it's whole state to the journal.

>From my current POV, may be better to provide a (XPCOM?) component
accessible from JS that provides DataStore integration. I think it
could be fairly simple to do with hulahop.

On the other hand, we should really find a way to have Google Gears
installed alongside Sugar because many interesting sites require it,
but it may be out of scope form your proposal.

Regards,

Tomeu