On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:51:22PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 05/22/2009 05:31 PM, James Simmons wrote:
> > I didn't see Aleksey's espeak gstreamer plugin included in the roadmap.
> > This is needed for text to speech with highlighting support for Read
> > Etexts, and is being included in SoaS now.  I'm looking forward to having a
> > version of Sugar I can install on my XO where this is included.
> >
> > James Simmons
>
> This might be upstream work - non Sugar platforms can profit from that
> work as well I guess. Aleksey can you comment - what the plan is here?

Well, gst-espeak is now in SP-0.84 list[1](and will migrate to SP-0.86)
it should mean that if maintainers of any GNU/Linux distribution want
sugar(in wide sense i.e. core+honey) to be runnable they should provide
SP meta package(or so).

At present there are several distributions that satisfy SP:
* Mandriva2009.1
* Caixa Magica 12 Magelan
* ALTLinux Sisyphus
* OpenSUSE X11::Sugar
* Gentoo sugar overlay
* SoaS

Unfortunately I don't know who builds XO distribution
and does it satisfy SP or not.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Sugar_Platform/0.84

--
Aleksey