On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:51:58AM +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
- Testing: I hope to see much much more testing in this release cycle. Two things should help here: a) I encourage the creation of a testing team. b) The 0.88 release will be packaged early. For testing purposes 0.88 will be packaged for F12. Other distributions are encouraged to do similar.

Do you really want to package an unstable release (for testing
purpose) into a stable distribution?

Some people might actually be using the stable distribution, and they
might not be really pleased by having some
work-in-progress-please-test release forced upon them. :-/

Well, it is not necessarily "forced upon them": some (more than one?) distros package multiple branches of Sugar concurrently (but allows only one of them to be installed at a time due to limitations of Sugar coding design).

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

Packaging Sucrose 0.84, 0.86 and 0.88 concurrently for Debian