On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 06:45:55PM -0600, Jim Simmons wrote:

When I tried the same exact thing on F11 I was not able to get the two
instances of Sugar running on two different Linux user ids to see each
other.
Do you have avahi-daemon running there? If so, can you upload enable all debugging directives in ~/.sugar/debug and upload the contents of ~/.sugar/default/logs somewhere I can access (or send via private email), please?

On F10 jabber.sugarlabs.org is useless.
I shot into the blue would be that telepathy-gabble on F10 might be too old to support Gadget. The logs would probably tell use more.

Another interesting thing about Sugar under F11: I can bring up Xephyr
for the second Linux user id by doing

su userid

but I CANNOT change the Network settings for the second user from that
instance of Sugar.

Can you try using ssh with X forwarding ("ssh -XY use...@localhost") instead of su to see if it makes any difference?
Again, the logs (for the second user) would be helpful.

I'm going to continue with the book as best I can under the circumstances.
I sincerely hope we can improve on the circumstances (except for F10).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/