On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:52:24PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:10:56AM +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
Isn't MANIFEST generated automatically by running "./setup.py
fix_manifest"? We should remove it from the Pippy git repo and make
sure sugar-jhbuild calls fix_manifest.
Therefore remove also from Calculate, Hello World, Moon, Physics, and
probably quite a few other activities.
If these activities currently include MANIFEST in git, then yes, they should stop doing so. Please note that I'm talking about git only, not release tarballs or .xo's.

Sounds like a big change.  Why do this?
For the same reasons we're doing it for other autogenerated files. They have a tendency to get stale (exactly what we're dealing with here) and/or cause conflicts (see constant python-xklavier build failures [1]).

[1] https://buildbot.sugarlabs.org/

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/