On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 02:01:52AM +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <jo...@jones.dk> wrote:
Hi Sayamindu (and others),

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:46:43PM +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:

[Apologies for the cross-posting]

Thanks to the pointers provided by Peter Robinson, I got the Meego FVKBD (Free Virtual Keyboard)¹ running along with Sugar.

Thoughts, feedback, etc would be appreciated :-).

I am not familiar with these details, so just shooting in the dark here:

Perhaps looking at (i.e. get interface inspiration or steal code from) the alternative virtual keyboard implementation Literki, which seems to have happy followers among Debian OpenMoko users:

 http://git.senfdax.de/?p=literki

Thanks for the pointer to this. It seems however that it's written
directly using Xlib, and hence would be unusable for complex scripts
like Arabic, Indic, etc.

Ah, ok.  Too bad.

Personally I never succeeded getting those script engines to work on my laptop (and have only esoteric use for them - i.e. suspect them to not even be used for cyrillic which is the only non-latin "script" I grasp), so wasn't aware of this important issue.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas