Sugar's autosave can be a problem in other Activities too.
Create a program in Pippy, then look at one of the examples. All your work will
be overwritten. There is nothing you can do to prevent this, not even a panic
powerdown. I have viewed a favourite holiday photo in Browse, then used that
Browse session to surf the net, overwriting that photo (can't replicate that
now OS373pyg).

I would be happy to have a global setting in control panel for all Activities
for autosave vs a dialogue which gave a choice on exit. Would that break
existing Activities?

Though there is a case for autosave for raw beginners, its contrary to Sugar's
goal of empowering users to give them no control of when saving occurs.

Tony