On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Daniel Drake <d...@laptop.org> wrote:
> On 14 October 2010 10:38, Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think this should be an input event, I think in most cases this is
>> how input from lid switches and the like are handled across most
>> things now.
>
> It already is an input event, but I suspect that diving down into
> opening input devices is the wrong thing to do. Next sensible step
> would be to look at how GNOME does it.

If its an input event it can then surely be dealt with like any other
special key within X or gnome. I presume its the "rotate" button
bottom right hand corner of the screen. I think there's an X button
for rotate on table computers, could it be mapped to that as its
similar functionality and would then also work on tablet computers as
well.

Peter