On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 09:56:05PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
On 10/17/2010 07:15 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
I'm assuming the infrastructure team are part of this list.

We are, sorry for the long reply time.

The archives are easily searchable, attached files are converted to links to the server so that people's inboxes are not flooded.

Removing inline attachments may break PGP/MIME, (although I haven't checked) and some people consider being able to read a message offline in its entirety a feature. I hope that behavior is configurable.

I welcome any feedback. I think that a migration like this will make the mailing lists far more accessible as a knowledge archive. I've been assured that there is a migration path from mailman[4]. From what I know of Dan, its lead developer, it should be fairly easy & reliable.

I'll take a look at it. For it to be seriously considered, a mailman path would be needed. The linked tweet notwithstanding, I've not seen any documentation on such a migration.

You might want to consider sympa too: https://www.sympa.org/

It has strong support for PGP/MIME, and a nice default web interface.

 - Jonas