Last year I experimented with sugarize and stored the files required in a local repo:

copied from: http://www.catmoran.com/olpc/#sugxterm---

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/
where I have a repo of the required files:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/libsugarize.so

Icons:
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/plain.svg
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/l.svg
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/ff.svg

Look at
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/wiki-sugarize.txt

which explains the processes and paths I found that seemed to work.

Tom Gilliard
satellit

http://www.catmoran.com/olpc/#sugxterm--- Today:

When the folks at sugerlabs.org asked if they could copy my cheat sheet to their wiki, I told them they could under a few conditions. One of those conditions was that they host the files on their own server, specifically because I wasn't planning to keep hosting them much longer.

Unfortunately, it seems that they didn't keep up their end of the bargain.

If I happen to find a copy of the original files (doubtful, I don't have the OLPCs anymore) I'll post the source here. If that happens, make copies because this domain is going away when the current registration expires!

I copied these files on:  23-Feb-2010 (with permission)

Martin Langhoff wrote:
If a newcomer to Sugar follows the instructions at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Running_Linux_Applications_Under_Sugar to
use Albert Calahan's libsugarize.so from a precompiled binary, lots of
funny things happen.

X.org crashes with BadWindow at apparently random times -- some of the
crashes can be tracked down to specific conditions, like opening the
activity right after Sugar has started.

The solution is to grab the src and recompile. That .so is likely old.

I added a rough note in the wiki indicating that a build from src is
needed, but the overall page needs a reorg. Posting here to feed
google, increase awareness, and in case anyone has the time &
motivation to tidyup the wiki...

cheers,