On 03/24/2011 07:39 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Wed Mar 23 21:05:56 +0100 2011:

I lately see this error [1] when trying to connect to a schoolserver.
Maybe you (or someone else) have an idea what the issue is. If I do
construct the ServerProxy without the _TimeoutTransport the registration
will continue.

Python 2.7 changed public API. I've replied on the ticket.

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10776

Thank for fiddling that on out.

PS: Filing bugs upstream will a) increase the chance they get fixed by
someone else, b) avoid duplicate work by sharing test results and c)
give both upstream and other downstreams a better overview of what's
(known to be) broken.

I think this time it was more efficient to use the ml to report upstream, since I wanted to gather the attention from the originator of the code and I doubted he would read all the bugs in the sugarlabs bug tracker.

Regards,
   Simon