Hi Simon,

On 17 Aug 2011, at 10:20, Simon Schampijer <si...@schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the current version of Browse tabs are enabled by default. The tabs in
> Browse has been an unfinished Feature which mainly was meant to fix the issue
> of a web page opening a new window (this was then opened in a new tab
> automatically).
>
> The latest Browse does add the functionality to let the user add tabs, the
> '+' button in the toolbar [browse-toolbar]. Having several tabs open looks
> like [browse-tabs]. A few things to say here: the close icon is not
> sugarized. The coloring of the tabs is not in a Sugar style and the text does
> not elipsize - hence the tabs can have different sizes (see Firefox for an
> example here).
>
> I would propose as well to do something similar as Firefox in the latest
> version: placing the 'add tab' button next to the latest tab [firefox-tabs].
> This has the nice side effect of not introducing yet another icon in the
> toolbar.

Unless we show the tab bar at all times (i.e. when you only have one window
open), how would a second tab ever be added (other than via a web page opening
a new window)?

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Perhaps we could land the sugarized scroll bar at the same time, if I
remember we just didn't have a clean way to apply it the Mozilla theme. Pretty
sure I spotted the tab visual theme in the same place.