On 09/29/2011 03:46 AM, James Cameron wrote:
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 04:24:06PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
'/ofw' has been removed on the XOs now. We need to refine the
check if the machine is an XO in order to display the
information accordingly.

Nak.  compatible is the more correct property in device-tree to use for
identifying XO-1.75, and is the property that OpenFirmware plans to
ensure is correct.

So on 1.75 /proc/device-tree/compatible instead of /proc/device-tree/banner-name, right? olpc-utils [1] should be updated then accordingly as well, I presume?

Would be great to use the same checks in both places, your patch seem to differ in a few more places.

Regards,
   Simon

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-utils/tree/usr/share/olpc-utils/olpc-utils-functions?id=b1cb93b6d704981b50d721486c132aa62a4776ff
[2] http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/11232/11232-fix.patch