Hi Tabitha,

On 12 Oct 2011, at 21:37, Tabitha Roder <tabi...@tabitha.net.nz> wrote:

> Are there any notes anywhere on what kinds of telescopes are suitable and how
> you connect them to the XO? Can we get this on the wiki somewhere? We would
> like to try the telescope activity out.
>
> I had a quick look but couldn't find much.

Have a look at the 'Children of the Moon' presentation, it's a great resource
and documents some of the experiments already done, and I think the project
that this activity was originally designed for:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Moon#Learning_Resources

For low end cost, you're looking for a monocular and a way to mount it on the
XO. I have a couple on order to do testing here (Brunton Echo 10-30x 21, and a
Praktica 12x 32). For Luna type observations don't go for less than x10
magnification or the Moon image won't really be large enough to do much with,
but I guess you could use lower magnification monoculars for other subjects.

--Gary