On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 09:12:31PM +0000, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:

> This was the comments from an Uruguayab teacher..
> I tell you why it is important for teachers to have the option within the
> program.
>        When the teacher proposes to use will likely be to put together a
> sequence of something, having to close the program and reopen it for every
> film set, is somewhat cumbersome, especially with children in the early
> stages (initial, 1 and 2).
>        Other: is very useful image file of the seals, especially when there
> are difficult to get them on the internet connection to be used in creating
> games of memory, for example, and any other proposal in which images are
> needed, especially if we consider that many of these are photos.
>        Another advantage: the sheets are created within the program and open
> the option can be viewed all at once, allowing you to quickly eliminate those
> that do not serve us.
>        Surely other teachers on the list you can add some more ...
> So, it's very good that can be saved in the journal and take pictures of him
> but would also be good to have the option to slide within the program.
>       Last, I think what is more complicated obstacle of having to always
> open new business from home.
> Viewed from the standpoint of you, developers, avoid useless files
> Viewed from the perspective of teachers, we complicate our lives, we risk
> losing ongoing work in process if you do not remember to tell children
> marked "start again" when it comes to class assignments.
>       It would be very interesting that we could ever make the proper
> connection and teacher developers to implement changes that are really useful
> for classroom use.
> I add another tip. My daughter draws very well and loves to draw. With 10
> years I will not sit or Inkscape use The Gimp, I feel that use Tuxpaint.
> Okay, it's for his age, and really nice stuff out. But ups! draw something
> new means losing the previous job. Is that fair? No. No one uses a single
> sheet to draw, using multiple, and nobody thinks you delete a picture but
> perfect for another. It makes no sense.
> But I ask you a child has no right to be creative, draw a long and well? Why
> assume a priori that children draw more or less, to hang out and you're not
> cleared to "occupy" space?
> That is the other utility Tuxpaint slides.
> And please do not tell me that there is another program to do the same.
> Children are not graphic designers! They'll learn to use other programs.
> Resuming: she think that the "slides" view is necessary, maintenance the
> integration with the jounal...
> But make it is can be complicated, or not "optimized" function... A slow
> process:
> for each entry in the journal...   if it's an image...      scale to show..
>    show in the tuxpaint
>
> "Tux Paint will behave like regular activity but preserving useful features
> like Load/New."
> I think that is good idea..
> [...]

hehe, not sure. TuxPaint is written in C.

Though, it is more a problem w/ time, I CCed Rafael who started
something, afaik. If there are other people who can help w/ adding
New/Open startup dialog (at the end, it shouldn't be hard, the dialog is
already importanted in Tuxpaint, the only thing that is needed is
popping it up on startup).

--
Aleksey