On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:50 AM, David Mason <dama...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Nice start.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> I think a first step would be to solicit some feedback from the
>> pedagogy team. There are regular weekly meetings... perhaps we can
>> schedule you in for a discussion?
>
> I'm definitely interested, what time (in which time zone) do the meetings
> usually take place?

Usually on Wednesdays at 10AM EST. But we haven't established the 2012
schedule yet.

>> From an activity-developer point of view, I am a bit confused by how I
>> interact with Glycerin. Do I need to define a close-ended task within
>> my activity? Maybe you could take a peek at, for example,
>> TurtleConfusion [1], a series of challenges for Turtle Art. Should be
>> relatively straight-forward to migrate to your system?
>
> I think migration would be quite easy. TurtleConfusion is an excellent
> candidate for working with Glycogen - to make the challenges available to
> Glycogen, they would need to be described in Challenge objects, which include
> the bundle id and challenge id as a unique identifier, a description of the
> challenge, and the target result (which would be 'True' for this type of
> challenge, but can also be numeric). The Challenge objects are registered
> with Glycogen when an activity is added, and the activity developer is
> responsible for reporting the achieved result whenever it changes.

This'll requires some reorganizing of the program. But the bigger
challenge will be testing to see if the results are True. I don't do
that at the moment except by a visual inspection. I'll have to think
about how best to do it.

regards.

-walter

--