Hi Tony,

On 16 Oct 2012, at 15:47, Tony Anderson <tony_ander...@usa.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The ShowNTell activity provides both slide show and sound capability. The
> slides are images at present.

Hmmm, seems like some amount of overlapping activity effort and target use
cases going on. You might like to also take a quick look at Portfolio [1]
(already part of the default OLPC builds), and Bulletin Board [2] (more aimed
at documenting the work group projects, and has some support for audio
recording and playback). Though I think the Welcome activity still has somewhat
separate goals from ShowNTell/Portfolio/Bulletin Board (e.g. first time user
introduction to Sugar and XO).

> Slide shows based on screenshots are easy to create.

FWIW: Most screenshots are a pain for translation/localisation (UI text), it
pretty much ties down any content generated to one locale.

Regards,
--Gary

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4437
[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4588