Simon Schampijer <mailto:si...@schampijer.de>
May 11, 2013 11:55 AM
Am 11.05.2013 um 16:45 schrieb Daniel Drake<d...@laptop.org>:

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Daniel Narvaez<dwnarv...@gmail.com>  wrote:
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/issues/27

We should probably  decide if we want to keep using trac instead and if so
turn the issue tracker on github off.

Last time we discussed it, the idea was to keep using trac to not depend too
much on closed source github. What are people thoughts these days?
I would prefer to stay with trac, to avoid a split/migration, to keep
the info on the tickets directly under our control, and to keep with
our open source ideals.

Daniel

I wanted to give it a try to see how it works at least, going through the
process with this ticket. I am not opposed to stay with trac though.

Simon

May 11, 2013 10:45 AM

I would prefer to stay with trac, to avoid a split/migration, to keep
the info on the tickets directly under our control, and to keep with
our open source ideals.

Daniel
May 11, 2013 6:15 AM
Hello,

I noticed people have started to report issues on github.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/issues/27

We should probably decide if we want to keep using trac instead and if so turn the issue tracker on github off.

Last time we discussed it, the idea was to keep using trac to not depend too much on closed source github. What are people thoughts these days?

Personally I like github issue tracking a lot, though I see the point about it being closed source and I imagine a migration would be a bit of a pain.

--
Daniel Narvaez
Hello,

Sticking with a privately controlled bug tracker is probably a good idea. However, trac really needs to be cleaned up, as there are a ton of 3-5 year old bugs floating around that have long since been fixed. I've started closing the few I can't reproduce in scm.

As a new contributor, I initially had gotten the impression that no one used trac, and I was discouraged from reporting/fixing bugs there.

--
William Orr