On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 07:13 -0500, Walter Bender wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Iain Brown Douglas
> <i...@browndouglas.plus.com> wrote:
> > Write 94 starts ok and text can be entered.
> > But no changes are saved. If Write is closed after entering some text,
> > there is no entry in Journal. Where "Write Activity, resume" then appears
> > in Home View, Write opens with a blank page.
> > When I place the cursor in the Activity tab, "rename file" field, and
> > attempt to rename, Write collapses after a delay of a few seconds.
> >
> > Does behaviour persist after restart and yum update? Yes.
> >
> > Environment is :
> > Hard drive install of Fedora-Live-Xfce-x86_64-20-TC2
> > yum install @Sugar Desktop
> > with Sugar-session running
> >
> > Attached Activity log and shell log.
>
> There seems to be an error in the datastore. A problem with a unicode
> compare. Perhaps not the only problem, but maybe something easy to
> test. Did you use non-ascii characters in your test?

I have to use a mouse click.
>  If so, could you
> try using just ascii?

I have not thought of a test without using a mouse click, that would
result in a save.

If there is a keyboard shortcut unknown to me, I could try that.
> Same with the title.

I had thought of reporting exactly all the repeatable and
less-repeatable behaviours, till I realised the above. Other than that I
have been been careful to use only ascii characters.

With thanks

Iain