Hi, Gonzalo

Browse (as most browsers) downloads any mime_type it does not know how to display. I modified Browse not to display pdf (should be done in the Read activity). The Read activity does not display plain text (e.g. Rachel Gutenberg collection - Great Books). This is something that probably should be addressed.

The Show in Journal doesn't really seem to have any significance (like switch to the Journal). Similarly Continue is a place holder. The only button is 'OK' which must be clicked to get rid of the alert.

All I am suggesting is that you can patch Browse to use Sugar-launch to open the activity you want (e.g. Read).

So far, I have found more confusion by the choice of default activities to open certain mime_types. Currently, it appears that if there is only one activity to handle a mime_type, it is opened by clicking on the icon. If there is more than one activity, the top one is the default and is launched by a click - except when the menu opens with 'start with' or 'resume width' (I am not sure of the difference there - but it adds text to any instructions). If there is no activity to handle the mime_type, the resume option is not available.

I am not sure moving this logic to Browse will enable automatic identification of which activity is appropriate to open a mime_type serviced by more than one.

I guess I am not clear on what problem you are trying to solve.

Tony