My understanding is that this discussion is properly on the Sugar Labs site in the form of wiki pages which any registered member can
modify or discuss.

Sebastian is proposing a new method. Until that method achieves consensus and Sugar Labs starts to migrate to the new method, I think
you will make more progress by using the current procedure.

IRC worked very well at OLE Nepal where the participants were all in the same building. I have never found it helpful interacting with a world-wide community because of the differences in timezones. Just my experience.

Tony