Tony,

Do you have experience with this? So far as I can tell the "compare sound
patterns" part gets complicated.

This use-case differs from most of the research I've found regarding speech
recognition in that normally a recognizer will try to determine the words of a
given audio-snippet. This use-case is simply to test if a given audio-snippet
is a specific word or phrase. I imagine the latter is less complicated, but I
haven't found any out-of-the-box solutions for it.

---- On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 18:27:15 -0500 Tony Anderson
<tony_ander...@usa.net>wrote ----

The application of speech recognition for Sugar is to enable learners to
pronounce words or sentences in English (or other second language) and have the
speech recognition affirm by recognition that the sounds are sufficiently
accurate. Currently this is often done by having the learner compare sound
patterns (oscilloscope style).

 As a simple example, suppose the student is presented an arithmetic problem
(e.g. by KA Lite). Give the student the ability to say the result instead of
having to enter it from a keyboard.

 Tony