Dave,

Simply in repetition, passing a motion is not a goal.

The motion is:

Motion: To request a membership donation from each currently active Sugar Labs Member to be allocated to the General Fund for the calendar year of 2016, and a public statement about how they use Sugar and why they are involved in Sugar Labs to post on the website; there is no penalty for not paying a membership or not providing a statement; by default members who donate will be kept private, and requested to opt-in to be recognised. The donation requested will be $12 USD from members who self-identify as low-income (such as students); $36 USD from general members; $120 from members who can opt-in to be placed prominently on the website; and $600 from members who can (privately if they wish) submit a release codename, subject to SLOB approval.

Perhaps something like the following:

Motion: Sugar Labs will undertake a fund raising drive. Arrangements will be made to enable on-line contributions by PayPal, debit or credit card or other means. Once the means to make contributions is in place, the Financial Manager will intiate and lead the drive. The Sugar Labs web site will show progress
in donations toward the goal.

Tony

Motion: Sugar Labs
Tony