What Sugar Labs needs to survive is users. If our count of active users reaches zero, there will be no need for developers (or Sugar Labs).

A Conference like PyCon is an opportunity to show that Sugar is a viable educational platform. So marketing does not need to be concerned about $, it needs to be concerned about the characteristics of Sugar that make it an attractive option for educators. At such a conference it is possible to make presentations - ofen there is an educational track. More importantly there is an opportunity to have an exhibit (booth). This booth can provide many examples of Sugar running on platforms other than the XO (make sure there some XO pictures visible since this attracts interest to a booth.) Sugarizer can demonstrate that Sugar is available for smartphones, tablets and other devices. Sugar can show its capabilities on Ubuntu, Raspbian. Windows is a special case since Miccrosoft has been able to lock educators into Windows. Showing that Sugar is viable in a Windows-based deployment may be beyond our current cabability.

Our goal should be to attract new contributors and to find new deployment opportunities.

Tony