On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Faisal Anwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm currently working on creating documentation for the api of several basic
> sugar packages. I've started putting some of this work online at
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar-api-doc. I'm sure that many of you have a
> lot of knowledge and experience with different modules in sugar and would
> appreciate any help in developing content and ensuring its accuracy. In
> particular:
>
> - if there are any specific tasks associated with a class or package that
> aren't documented yet, please feel free to update the wiki yourself or send
> me code fragments with clear descriptions.
>
> - if there is any feedback you have on the organization of the wiki pages as
> I've set up or if there is some major package I really need to make sure to
> document, please let me know.
>
> - If there are any issues of accuracy with anything that is on the wiki,
> please let me know.
>
> I've made a point to write and test all sample code that goes up on the
> wiki, so it should work with the latest builds of sugar. But, if things do
> change with the underlying code or if there are style issues, please do let
> me know asap. Also, I found some really good conceptual documentation at
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines. There are links
> to more detailed api documentation pages, but these seem to be empty and in
> need of completion. I think it will be good to link the parts of this wiki
> that refer to api's to the documentation that I'm helping to set up above.
> If you have helped write some of the existing documentation, please do get
> in touch!
>
> Right now, I'm specifically working on documenting the datastore features of
> sugar and would especially appreciate an opportunity to talk with someone
> with experience with the journal. In addition to email, I should often be on
> #sugar and #olpc in IRC under the name fanwar.

Hi Faisal, nice to see you are working on this.

Any chance we could get a wikibot to update the wiki from the pydocs
in the source? If we can manage to do that I will be happy to make an
additional effort and help completing the api docs in the sugar code.

Feel free to ask when you have doubts.

Cheers,

Tomeu