On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 15:12, David Van Assche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think the fact no source code is available might cause a problem for
> it getting into Main... thats not necessarily such a bad thing though.
> Edubuntu addon packages will definitely go to universe, its just a
> question of when. The only difference is, no direct downstream
> support. But as I understand it this support will come from mostly
> upstream anyway, and there are a couple of ubuntu devs on upstream
> anyway.
>
> Or am I missing something, is there some reason we absolutely must
> have Canonical support for squeak?

>From the Sugar side it would be great to have as much of Sugar as
possible, distributable on the Edubuntu CD. That would require
components to be in main.

Alternatively we could focus on a separate Sugar LiveCD based on
xubuntu (for low memory machines) and find other ways to work together
with the Edubuntu community.

I'll take this up on the edubuntu-devel list.

Regards
Morgan