I would like to propose a discussion on making the collaboration a bit more
standards compliant. The idea would be to get sugar to function more like a
standard jabber IM client, as well as using existing standards in place of some
of the custom solutions used now (xmlrpc instead of dbus perhaps?). I would
also like to talk about using the colaboration API to talk to external services
not on the jabber network(a moodle server for instance). As well as a possibly
a few API changes to make these sorts of services easier to access for activity
developers.

Having a standards base and flexible collaboration framework that extends
beyond the sugar ecosystem offers some very interesting possibilities. I would
also like to discuss some of the jabber scalability problems, as well as how we
manage grouping students into classes, and collaborating with other schools
over the internet.

If people thinks this is a good idea for discussion I will add it to the wiki.

Thanks!

Brendan Powers
Resara LLC

1.888.357.9195