On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Brandon Davidson wrote:

Dag Wieers wrote:

 Case sensitive does not mean you _have_ to exploit it. Make it easier for
 users by using lowercase. People should not care to remember what
 character for what package required an upper case.

Someone tell upstream about OpenIPMI :) It always takes me a few tries to install that one because of the stupid uppercase...

Right. One of the parts that I disagree with the Fedora package naming guidelines is that they adhere to the upstream name. That is senseless and silly.

Besides a lot of packagers do not even follow the guidelines, as not all python library packages have python prepended and not all packages follow upstream. Sigh.

In cases like these I wish I was a Debian or Mandrake packager...

Common sense rules rule !

--
--   dag wieers,  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://dag.wieers.com/   --