> I had a quick look at the buildlog. Maybe we could split the package and
> make a nummber of sub-packages with the plugins. eg a
> collectd-plugin-xmms containing only:
> %{_libdir}/collectd/xmms.la
> %{_libdir}/collectd/xmms.so
>
> And requiring collectd = %{version} obviously. Could you try that
> approach and share your results?

Hi Christoph

I have looked into your suggestion above and I see the EPEL repo has a
spec file which does a similar thing, so it certainly looks do-able, it is
taking me a long time to fiddle with it to get it right, but I will shout
when I have a spec.

Question for the list though -- I see the obsoletes line indicates that
there was previously a collectd-apache and collectd-mysql
collectd-sensors.  This approach was clearly canned at some stage...  any
ideas on why?  would such a split again be accepted?

I have done a straight rebuild of the source rpm on a dev server which
doesn't have xmms or desktop libraries available and the resultant rpm has
much fewer dependancies since the configure script excludes a bunch of
stuff automatically. Some further clean-ups of the contrib/ directory
suggested by Craig Orsinger (who replied off list) and it ends up
dramatically reducing the dependancies.

Regards
-ant

d1...@1m3r