On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, arnebjarn...@hotmail.com wrote:

 Unless the patch is exceptionally large ( eg: > 40KiB ) why not send it in
 a text attachment ? Significantly lowers the amount of effort required to
 look see.

 Just a question really.

I am just used to zip/tar attachments, since I often see spam filters silent drop attachments other than compressed archive files. But I have no problems with sending diff patches uncomprssed if that is preferred by the RPMforge maintainers :-)

I would prefer to have text be attached as-is. Not only because it simplifies my work, but rather because it lowers the barriere for other people to inspect and comment.

I would be surprised if anyone looked inside the files now (by accident or on purpose ;-)).

What would be even better, is commit access. Are you interested in committing your changes directly into RPMforge ?

--
--   dag wieers,  d...@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --