Am Montag, den 07.06.2010, 15:20 -0400 schrieb Steve Huff:
> On Jun 7, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:
>
> > As I am for a much more strict policy at rpmforge I vote for a complete
> > removal of perl-XML-LibXMl and perl-XML-LibXSLT or at most provide an
> > old version for perl-XML-LibXSLT wich works with the perl-XML-LibXML
> > version from base. It is much better to not have a particular piece then
> > to have a broken version.
>

> Chris,
>
> i did some digging into this (see SVN r8817), and we need at the very minimum:
>
> perl-XML-LibXML <= 1.69
> perl-XML-LibXML-Common (bring it back from the vault)
> perl-XML-LibXSLT <= 1.63
>
> and we need Dag to remove any later versions from the repo.
>
> if we want to roll all the way back to the versions from upstream, we
>  have to go back to perl-XML-LibXSLT <= 1.59 (there's already a spec
>  for this in SVN).  for packages that are as widely used as these, i'm
>  OK with offering versions that replace packages from upstream, since
>  their absence is really crippling.
>
> -shuff

Well as I said I am for a very strict policy. I would rather start over
and never ever package anything which is in base after the lessons
learned so far.
>From what i see in the buildlogs/repo there never was perl-XML-LibXML
available from rpmforge before the version 1.70 and the only version for
perl-XML-LibXSLT is 1.59. So remove perl-XML-LibXM do nothing with
perl-XML-LibXML-Common (the packages are available) and we're done.