On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Joe Pruett wrote:

 Thanks for your submission; however, we recommend that instead of using
 the DKMS module, you instead use the kmod available from ELRepo:

http:
//dag.wieers.com/blog/improved-rhel-centos-and-scientific-linux-hardware-support
http: //elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia

thanks, i have switched over to elrepo for this now. from reading dag's blog, maybe he should go ahead and kill off the dkms stuff in rpmforge to avoid confusion like this in the future?

Some people have shown an interest in keeping the dkms packages. This is one of those undecided issues. I guess we can update the dkms package if someone wants to stand up. But for RHEL/CentOS kmod packages are so much more convenient...

--
--   dag wieers,  d...@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --