> From: Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arro...@arrfab.net>
>
> Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> I'm taking a look at updating git for some clients, but note that the
>> git at RPMforge is 1.7.3. That's cool: the latest release is 1.7.3.2,
>> but that's plenty recent.
>>
>> But when I recompile the src.rpm, I get the following message:
>>
>>     error: lin 48: Unknown tag: %filter_from_requires /^perl(packed-refs)*/d
>>
>> There's clearly some RPM macro undefined there, but it's not in the
>> RHEL or CentOS 5 basic rpm-build setup. Does anyone understand where
>> this macro is normally set from, and what its value should be?
>
>  From the rpm-macros-rpmforge package :
> http://svn.rpmforge.net/viewvc/rpmforge/trunk/rpms/rpm-macros-rpmforge/rpm-macros-rpmforge.spec?revision=9320&view=markup

Oh, boy. That's a new one on me. Is this integrated into the mock
environment? Because if it's not, and this macro is required on a
widespread basis, I'm going to have a pain in the neck integrating it
there. This is especially true because I'm using the EPEL testing
mock, which is at version 1.0.13, produces much smaller mock chroot
cages by flushing unnecessary logs, makes much smaller cached
tarballs, and handles autofs enabled build hosts a lot better.

In fact, updating mock would be good, but I've not found time to
attack that for RPMforge use.