On Mar 23, 2011, at 6:52 AM, Matthew Vale wrote:

> I have discovered a problem with the version numbers listed for Perl-DateTime
> The latest version in your repo is 0.53-1
> Unfortunately yum is unable to install this version because you have in the
> repo 0.4305-1 which is considered higher than the 0.53-1.
> This is because the version number is being treated as a rpm version string
> rather than a floating point number so considered greater (4305 > 53)
>
> I have no experience with building rpms so rebuilding the rpms to expand out
> to 4 digit version numbers is not really an option for me

hi Matthew!

thanks for your report!  we need to pull that problematic RPM from the
repository.

for the time being, however, you don't need to rebuild the RPMs to work around
this problem; just place the following line in /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo
under the [rpmforge] stanza:

exclude = perl-DateTime-0.4305*

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable
fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v