Hello
SUMO is quite far away from the Nagel-Schreckenberg model (roads and
movements are continous) so you will have create a special road network and
write a new vehicle  model.
If you have the latest development version (it won't work with 1.3.1), the
call below will split a network in cells of 7m length:
 netconvert -s net.net.xml --geometry.max-segment-length 7 --geometry.split
-o net2.net.xml
[1] The model isn't part of SUMO. I'm not aware that anyone tried to do
this in SUMO so it would be quite experimental.
[2] see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Developer/How_To/Car-Following_Model.html
[3] Yes that should be possible. The key thing would be to round vehicle
speed to a multiple of the cell length

regards,
Jakob