There is no direct way to intercept this message. However, you can compare
the current vehicle acceleration (traci.vehicle.getAcceleration) with the
emergency deceleration value (traci.vehicle.getEmergencyDecel) in each
simulation step. The message is triggered if they are equal.
Note, that any acceleration value between vehicle.getDecel and
getEmergencyDecel indicates a critical situation but the message is only
triggered for the extreme case).