Hello,
in your network, edge EC allows all vehicle class including pedestrians
(allow="all"). For that reason a crossing cannot build built at that edge.
It works for edges WC & CW because they disallow pedestrians.
To fix it, use the inspect mode of netedit, click on edge EC and then click
on the 'allow' button and then uncheck pedestrians.

I suspect that similar problems exist in other networks that you tried to
use.

regards,
Jakob