The findRoute method currently routes according to travelTime and ignores
effort.
See https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/3876
If you have efforts that don't change over time then you can get the same
effect by setting a custom traveltime according to the required efforts.
(The whole point of separating efforts and traveltime is that time
dependent-efforts may change along the route so the traveltime must be
tracked as well).

regards,
Jakob