hello,
I want to build a fundamental diagram for 2 lane freeway. I don't have any
problem with the free-flow branch but I have a problem with the congested
branch.
1.for the congested branch, I used VSS to increase density but it does not
work correctly. for example, VSS from 1000 to 1500 is 23 and from 1501 to
2000 is 22 and from2001 to 2500 is 21. but in my simulation from 1000 to
1500 is okay but from 1500 to 2500 speed returns to the situation without
VSS.
2. is there any way to decrease flow smoothly to zero after it reaches its
capacity?