Hi Hriday,

the link you sent (
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Networks/PlainXML.html#neighboring_opposite-direction_lanes)
is used to allow drifting on the opposite lane, not to build a lane in the
opposite direction.
In SUMO, edges are directional. You can see it in their definition, from
node to node, and that gives the direction.
There are only a few specific lanes that are bidirectional, like railways,
for example.

Regards,
Lara