Hello,
the situation in the roundabout is similar to the weaving situation at a
very short motorway on-off-ramp. The solution outlined at
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Motorways.html#combined_on-off-ramps
can be applied to the roundabout as well.
Please note, that there may still be deadlocks due to a bug in  the latest
few sumo version.
(https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/10037)
If you still see these deadlocks after adding extra connections, please
update to the latest development version (
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Downloads.php#sumo_-_latest_development_version)

regards,
Jakob