The ordering of xml-elements in a .sumocfg is immaterial.
The loading order is always net-file, additional-files, route-files
However, if a list of files is given for additional- or route-files the
ordering in the list is relevant.
Note, that https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/sumo.html#loading_order_of_input_files
is now updated to hopefully make this more clear.