Dear Sir,

I have a SUMO network file, and many edges overlap (see image below). Could
you let me know whether this is expected? I saw some discussions on this
elsewhere on the web, but I needed clarification on whether this affects
the traffic simulation and, if so, under what conditions.

If the simulation can understand these overlapping edges as parallel lanes,
there maybe some cases where I can just ignore the existence of these
overlaps.

The second question is, say if I really want to avoid these overlapping
edges. Then does netedit have an option to do that?

Regards
Buddi

[image: image.png]